The Morehouse College Atlanta Alumni Association is joining with other Morehouse alumni chapters in Georgia for the Morehouse Voter Project, a Get Out The Vote (GOTV) initiative focused on voter Registration, Education and Mobilization throughout the state. Our goal is to encourage and increase voter turnout for the General Election on November 8th.
The Morehouse Voter Project – or MVP – is collaborating with the Atlanta NAACP and other partners to coordinate GOTV activities across the state. Our partners include Black Voters Matter, Coalition for the People’s Agenda, the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Georgia, numerous churches, and the National Pan Hellenic Council (“Divine Nine” Black Greek-Lettered organizations).
Please volunteer to support the MVP. Below are key dates and activities for the coming months:
- July 16th: MVP launches with Voter Registration events VOLUNTEER
- July 17-31: Meet with grass-roots organizations to strategically plan for upcoming events.
- August: Continue to register voters. Atlanta monthly events including canvassing/door knocking in the Georgia counties to educate and encourage voter participation.
- September: Participate in candidate forums, increase social media, canvassing , text and phone banking.
- October: Promote early voting, social media advertising, canvassing Black communities, Saturday Party to the Polls and Sunday Souls to the Polls.
- November: Vote Time!! Act as Poll Watchers and Voter Protection associates at polls across the State.